In publishing a dataset on figshare recently with a few collaborators, we realized that it is sometimes challenging to find each other online. User/profile names can be misaligned quite a bit, and sometimes this can be problematic. In opening all my various profile pages, I realized that my ‘name’ varied significantly between accounts.
To date, our team has been using the following outlets to share open-science products. Here are a two quick listicles to that end.
|youtube (lectures, conference presentations, pollinator videos)|
|ecoblender (lab blog or open online notebook)|
|flickr (animal camera trap imagery)|
My name is represented in 4 different forms between outlets. Another collaborator has 3 versions of himself online. This is just the variation between the product outlets not the recognition/aggregation profiles such as impactstory.
Please let us know if there are any fixes for this drift or if have missed any key open-science sites. Solutions we have explored include account linking, link to orcid whenever possible, & enable auto-refresh/capture by recognition accounts.